Monday, November 30, 2015

Dios ama a TODOS sus hujos

SO this week I had a toooonnnnn of crazy experiences with drunk people. It is interesting how they just come up to us because we are missionaries and just start unloading all of their problems and there is nothing we can do to help them because they are drunk. We had a guy named Dante tell us he was Satan and he tried following us back to the house and we had to like do laps around the city for him to not follow us and finally he ran into a group of other drunk people and got distracted there and we left.

I was able to help out someone with a history of being drunk this week. We went to the rehab clinic where Romel is at and they received some new people. There is a new man probably 40 years old there who has a super messed up face, he is all cross eyed and stuff because of his drinking. My companion and I shared a message with like the 50 people there and afterword's we went to know this new guy better. I felt so sad for him seeing how drinking cost him so many things. He told us thanks for our message and he seemed sincere. He then told us that he knows he is a child of God. This simple phrase penetrated me. It was one of the most spiritual experiences I had on this mission. This man with many problems knows his true identity of a child of a loving Heavenly Father. I know Heavenly Father loves all of his children without exception perfectly. It doesn't matter what we have done in our past. What matters is who we are now and who we are becoming. I know God loves this man a lot and I am happy to be here a little longer to work with him.

Speaking of the rehab center, Romel went to church and had his baptismal interview.......and HE PASSED!!!!!!!!! If things work out he could be getting baptized this Saturday. What a miracle! I hope he can get baptized so bad, I have seen him turn his life around. He understands what the Atonement is and what it means. Please Pray for Romel Argoti that he can enter the baptismal font this Saturday

I didn't realize it was Thanksgiving until the end of the zone meeting we had in Ibarra this Thursday when a new missionary was like happy Thanksgiving. I was like holy cow its already Thanksgiving. this Friday we are going to go to Quito to have Christmas lunch with President and Hermana Richardson as a zone, so that should be awesome.

I hope you all had a great and amazing week. It is good to hear from you all. Enjoy the cold while I am here in the Ecuadorian sun. hahaha

Love,
Elder Roberts

 Me with la familia Solano
Elder Veliz attacked me
Pablo
  I am in a beautiful mission
 It took me an hour to walk here after taking an hour bus from the middle of nowhere
There is a big volcano in those clouds

No comments:

Post a Comment