Wednesday, December 9, 2015

EXTRANO COMIDA DE MI PAIS

So, this week we had the opportunity to go down to Quito to go to the mission house and have a Christmas lunch/dinner with President and Sister Richardson and it was amazing. I loved it. I could feel a special spirit there of Christmas. My mission President and his wife are the best, they are so loving and have helped me a ton and Sister Richardson knows how to cook. The food was so good. I have gotten so sick of eating plates of rice and beans every day for lunch. It was awesome eating turkey, yams, mashed potatoes, salad, brownies, ice cream, it made me trunky for American food lol. In other news our lunch this Thursday will be chicken and I have been the one selected to kill the chicken, should be fun. 

I was super sad to read about what happened in Lakeville with the Nerf War. That made me terribly sad to know that 2 kids from my High School died this past week in that tragic accident. I don't understand everything at all about why Heavenly Father gives us some of the trials we have,but I testify he lives and that his plan for us is a plan for happiness that we can have the peace and hope that we are going to be eternal families and live forever with our Heavenly Father if we love him and keep his commandments. I pray that Lakeville can rise up from this and that Christ can shower his mercy and grace upon those families affected.

Not much happened this week. We weren't able to baptize Romel, but it is looking very promising that this Saturday he is going to get baptized. I am going to pray my soul out for him that he can be ready. We have changes next Sunday and I think I am going to leave and I would love to see Romel get baptized before I go. He is such a stud! This less active that I helped reactivate in my time here received the priesthood last week and he didn't have a white shirt or a tie, so he got a white shirt and I gave him one of my best ties and I saw him bless the sacrament yesterday and it was awesome. I almost started crying when I saw him hand the tray to his son. I hope this family can go to the temple soon to be sealed for time and eternity. I love the rewarding moments of being a missionary. It is such a blessing for me to be here. I hope you all have a good week and are enjoying this Christmas season.

Oh and my sister is getting married soon asdlkfjaslñdfkjasodifuas dpfasdfklajsdfasjdfaslñdfjkasdflkjasdfljasdfa. that is all I know what to say. 

Love,
Elder Roberts
Me from Presidents house looking over Quito
 Me with Pres.and Sis. Richardson

Chillin with Elder Jeffery and Elder Whetten on the bus

No comments:

Post a Comment