Monday, December 21, 2015

FELIZ NAVIDAD ÑAÑOS

Ok, so this week was going great until Saturday night. I started feeling super sick and started throwing up. We called it a day and went back to the house early and I was throwing up super hardcore and I started freaking out. After 2 hours of only throwing up I went to the emergency room and suffered there. Fun way to wake up the mission President at almost the middle of the night to tell him you are in the e.r.....I found out I had a bad stomach infection. I was pretty bummed out because I was super sick and I wasn't able to go to church yesterday. But I am starting to feel a little bit better. 

Holy cow, San Roque es la mama! It is pretty hilly here, but I am not walking up and down mountains all day, I am walking up and down a volcano all day. el volcán Imbabura. It is kind of hard for my leg, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

My sector is so crazy. It is awesome. There are a ton of people in my sector that literally don't speak any Spanish. It is actually kind of hard. We want to talk to people in the street and stuff but they don't understand us. haha. There is like one latino family we are teaching, but they don't like going to church because they don't understand what's going on. 

The church is sooo strong here. Otavalo really isn't super big, but there are 2 stakes here and I think they are going to put a 3rd one in combined with Ibarra sometime in February. The members here are super strong. They are hard to baptize but when they commit they commit and stay strong in the church. We went on divisions this week and I am new to my sector and stuff so I was like ok lets talk to that family in the street. Every contact I have had in the street so far has been members.....lol. But it is awesome how strong the church is here. It is awesome. I love Otavalo, I just hate being sick. It is the worst. We are going to have a white Christmas. We are going to have at least 2 baptisms this Saturday. I hope you all have a great week and remember the birth of our Savior, the King of Kings. I share my testimony that he is the Son of God and he has come here to save us from ourselves. 

Love,
Elder Roberts
 Pictures from our Zones Christmas lunch at the mission home from last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment