Saturday, January 2, 2016

Una Navidad BLANCA

What a great way to have a white Christmas and to end this year. We had 2 baptism's. We were able to baptize Carmen Oyagata who is the wife of a member and her son Jairo who is 8 years old. It is interesting because normally as missionaries we don't baptize 8 year olds if their parents aren't members, but with Jairos mom being recently married to a member, our leaders told us it was under us as missionaries and not under the ward to get him baptized. It was awesome seeing this family come unto Christ. 
los bautismos de Carmen y Jairo Oyagata 


It was amazing skyping with the fam. It looks like everyone is doing absolutely great. I got to talk with the man who will be my brother in law tomorrow and he seems super cool. 

It was nice being able to go back to the apartment early on Christmas, we had a rule that we had to be back at 6, so it gave us some time to study the story of Christmas and I can honestly say that I felt a special Christmas. It is really a special time of the year to enjoy the peace that comes knowing that we have a Savior of the World. Jesus Christ has been my best friend. He has suffered for my sins and has also suffered through my pains and afflictions and I can always find peace when I turn to him and I know he can help all of us out. He is the king of kings and the Lord of Lords, he is the great I am, he is the Alpha and the Omega, he is the Jehovah of the Old Testament, I testify as his representative that he lives. He died but he overcame death so sinners like you and I can have the hope of eternal life to live with our families, with Jesus, and with our Heavenly Father forever. I am so grateful for this sacred opportunity I have to represent my savior officially here in Ecuador and to help make the world a little bit better every day.

I finally got to go to church this week, it was awesome. I understood nothing. All of the meetings including ward council were in Kichuwa........I haven't felt this way since like my first month on the mission where I didn't understand anything in church. We confirmed Jairo a member of the church and I participated in the confirmation and the ordinance was in Spanish and then the blessing in kichuwa and I was like well I have no clue what is going on, but that is the miracle of this church. It doesn't matter what language it is, if it is English, or a really ancient language that only exists in certain cities in Ecuador, the gospel is the same. The church is the same. Jesus Christ is the same. I hope you all had a wonderful week. I am so excited for Mallory, I cant believe she is getting married tomorrow. I am sad I will be missing her wedding, but I know this is where I need to be right now. Mallory, congrats, and good luck! and Junior, take care of my sister! 

Love,
Elder Roberts
 Getting ready to open presents with the companion ( I gave him a yarn ball and some of my other presents)
 Aftermath of opening presents
How we celebrate baptisms
Ward Christmas activity
We helped this wawki put the pig in the oven

Pig
Everyone's house has one of these cuy ( guinea pig pens)
This decided to crawl up my companions scriptures during a lesson 

No comments:

Post a Comment