Monday, January 4, 2016

LIVIN ON A PRAYER

Well, it is super weird to think that I am on the downhill that this last week I completed a year on the mission, the halfway point. Looking back the time went by wayyy too fast, there were some super super slow moments, but the time is just flying by. I can honestly say that I am here because in the words of Bon Jovi I have been living on a prayer. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has been patient with me, I am grateful for the prayers of family, friends, companions, my mission president and his wife, and everyone who has helped me out. I know the Lord has sustained me through my trials and I know that I can put my confidence in him to finish my mission strong with this year I have ahead of me.

SO I feel like I have a grand purpose here in San Roque. I was looking through the Area Book we have through the old investigators and found a 15 year old girl named Gladis. She had a lot of visits from the Elders until half a year ago. I felt like we needed to follow up with her, so I told my companion that we should go find her. On the registrar we have of her there is a name of a member that knows her, so we asked the member where she lives and we found her. We got to know her and she seems pretty cool. We were asking her about her life and stuff and she told us, yeah I as living in Tulcán a little bit and I was like oh yeah what part and she is like the parque ayora. Then she was like my sister is a member there and I was like who is your sister and she is like Cristina Cordova. Holy cow, Cristina Cordova is the mom of one of my favorite families there. They are so awesome and I found her sister! I was like dang, this was meant to be. Then we were talking with the mom of Gladis to see if we could baptize her and I told her I know her daughter Cristina and her grandkids and I totally was able to gain the confidence of her. I know that the Lords plan is perfect, he had me go to Tulcán to prepare to find Gladis. I hope she can progress. 

It looks like we will be having a baptism not this Saturday but the following. We were reactivating a less active named Elena until we found out that she really isn't a member, she got baptized 20 years ago but she was never confirmed, so she is going to be getting rebaptized on the 15th. 

Elder Godoy form the 70 is coming to our mission again, not this week but the following. I hope I get to hear from him. I remember when I was able to play the violin in front of him in the stake conference in Calderon and it was one of the coolest experiences of my mission.

I love you all and hope you had a happy new years. Mallory you looked so beautiful in your wedding dress, I was sad to miss it, but I am proud of you. 

Love, Elder Roberts


 I think with the time difference I was there meditating on the volcano during Mallory's wedding
Our shower
 Me
 While we were teaching Gladis her super awesome 6 year old brother Zamiro who is special kept on putting chickens on me, on my arms, legs, shoulders, and scriptures. So I finally decided to get a picture of Zamiro and the chickens and me hahaha. he is the cutest thing ever.
 My companion is shy
 At lunch I asked if I could use the big spoon

No comments:

Post a Comment