Monday, October 3, 2016

UNA SEMANA PODEROSISIMA

Well, I am chillin here in Yaruqui right now with one of my best friends in the whole world, Elder Quispe. Elder Quispe and I were companions for 3 months almost a year ago when we served in Otavalo. We are both going to be training new missionaries this change and since we are in the same zone now we are going to be together until Wednesday or Thursday until we get our new trainees. I am pumped. It was sad to part ways with Elder Miranda and I was jealous that he is going to Tulcan, but I am pumped for him as well. 

General Conference was super awesome! I loved seeing that Thomas S. Monson is doing well enough to speak and I was touched by his few but powerful words. I love testifying daily that he is God´s prophet here in earth. He will always have a special place in my heart as he was the prophet who called me on the mission. The mission is da best! Anyways, one talk that really struck out to me was from Juan A. Uceda. I love Elder Uceda, when I started my mission he was the Area President here in the Area of South America North West in which Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Colombia, and Venezuela are all members. When I hit like 7 months in the mission, Elder Ulisses Soares of the presidency of the 70 came to my mission and Elder Uceda accompanied him and I remember Elder Ucedas talk from his visit to the Quito north mission. It was awesome listening to his talk in the conference and I think his talk had a huge impact on me. I am determined to better my prayers and my relation with my Heavenly Father, I know he loves me so much and he always wants to listen to us. 

No really crazy experiences for this week. This week was really good food wise. We showed up to our mamita on Tuesday and she had ceviche de camaron. oooohhhhh, that was the best. Then Wednesday our mamita made cuy which is Spanish for guinea pig for us. I love cuy, it is super delicious, but it always reminds me of all the pet hamsters we had lol. Also, on Saturday before conference, our less active sold us some delicious encebollado. la mama diga! I miss the food from the coast so much. but it was a really good week in terms with food.

Well, sorry that not a whole lot happened or I didn't really take pictures, I am sure getting a new companion will be filled with all sorts of unique experiences and I am sure I will have a ton to write for next week. but I love you all and hope you have an absolutely amazing week!

Love, Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment