Monday, August 1, 2016

Debilidades

Well this week was filled with crazy experiences. One of such was a visit we had with some recent converts. My companion and I were seated outside and the sister we were visiting has two little kids who are 4 years old and 2 years old and during the closing prayer we started hearing water pouring on the ground and I opened my eyes and the 4 year old was peeing on me. All over my pants and shoe and my companion had his eyes opened and we were both in shock and the mom just kept on praying and had no clue what was going on. Needless to say I made a quick stop to the house afterwords and quickly took a small shower and changed clothes. I hate children......just kidding, but I don't like it when they pee on me either.

There was a baptism this week of one of the sisters converts, La Hermana Savi, I baptized her and it was cool because after the baptism the two sisters and the two of us elders were singing a special musical number and during the musical number the lights went out in the whole city and including in the chapel and everyone attending the baptism was freaking out and we just kept on singing the hymn hahaha.

Last Monday night we were teaching one of the Familia Caguas and there were two small earthquakes and the second one was a little stronger but it wasn't really that strong but the whole Familia Cagua was freaking out and like ran out of their house and we had to like convince them to come back in to finish the lesson......#earthquakeproblems

Well we are seeing a lot of miracles in our sector, I don't think we are going to have baptism this weekend but the upcoming weekend it is very possible that some of the Caguas could be getting baptized. My companion and I have had a ton of success with them and we are having a lot of success getting the less actives to come back to the fold.

I wanted to write a little bit today about weaknesses. I like a verse in Ether 12 and I am going to copy it here in English

 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness.  I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. 

I really like this verse because the mission has taught me that I have a ton of weaknesses but that doesn't mean that we have to be helpless and that our weaknesses always have to be weaknesses it means our weaknesses can be strengths. For anyone that knows me well knows that I love to talk, I like talking a lot. I love giving talks in front of people. but in the mission I have learned how to be a listener and how to let other people speak. 

A weakness that my companion and I have been seeing was the assistance at church we were doing everything that we could to get our investigators to come to church and for weeks and weeks nobody came and then the miracles came. I know that Heavenly Father listened to our prayers and that he showered miracles from the Heavens because the last couple of weeks including yesterday we have been able to get everyone to come to church. 

I know this church is true. I am excited to work hard and be obedient and see what miracles this week has in store. I love being a missionary and I love and appreciate all of you. I am going to give these last 5 months my all. I love Ecuador and I love representing my savior Jesus Christ. I know he is real and that he lives and that means everything for me. 

p.s. I am super sorry because I had a TON  of super cool pictures to send to all of you, but my memory card got a virus or something and like isn't working anymore and this is the only picture I could save and I am super sad because I had a ton of really cool pictures, but I will try to get the memory card situation figured out and get some cool pictures for next week. Here is my companion and I eating ice cream with our convert Cesar, he is super cool, he is getting ready for the mission.

Love, Elder Roberts

Attachments area

No comments:

Post a Comment