Monday, July 25, 2016

And the rain came tumbling down

Being a missionary is the absolute best experience ever. I have learned so many lessons being a full time missionary and I am learning that there is nothing that brings a greater joy than helping someone change their life and come unto Christ. Like it is cool being in a different country, speaking a different language, learning a different culture, but what makes my time out here special is helping people find the truth and change their lives. It is indescribable. It is so beautiful helping someone in such a special way. I am cherishing this beautiful time I have to serve my brothers and sisters here in such a special part of the world.

Well this week we experienced two different types of climates, super hot and super hot with rain. hahaha. Saturday night my companion and I were out in the jungle far away from the city and it started to pour and pour hard. the streets turned into rivers and we had to walk up to our waists almost in water, it was pretty cool stuff.

Miracles that we saw this week, I don't even know where to start.

I am not sure who of you reading this consistently read the emails I write, but a couple of months ago my companion and I taught  a multitude of people up on a hill and we had like 30 people listening to us and it was one of the coolest experiences of my mission. Well just from that one visit where we decided to stand up and preach to a whole neighborhood on a hill we are seeing so many miracles from those people that we first started with just a couple of months or weeks ago.

Friday night the sisters had a baptism and my companion and I got to baptized their investigators, it was my companions first time baptizing in the mission so that was special for him. Anyways, we had some great miracles because before the baptismal service we went up to that hill and taught la familia cagua and invited them to the baptism. Before the baptism my companion and I had to go give a blessing of health to a sister from the ward and when we got back to the room where we were holding the baptismal service all of the seats were full from our investigators. Famila Cagua came and they brought all of their neighbors and extended family. ke we had 20 investigators there not including their kids......and the whole ward was like elders how did you get so many people to come and we were like.......YAY. Anyways, we had a ton of people come to the baptism and it ended up being a spiritual experience for them, many of our investigators received answers to their questions in that baptism.

Yesterday church was great. La Familia Cagua couldn't come because their mom who lives four hours away had a medical emergency but they told us they are going to come this next Sunday. Michale Jackson didn't come again, so we are going to see whats up with that, everyone that we thought would come to church didn't come and everyone that we thought would never come to church came. Right after the sacrament was blessed and passed we had all of those families from that Hill come and listen to the talks and they all stayed for the three hours. YES! We have so much to be grateful for. 

This last week we decided to have a plan as a district called plan 10 20. This plan means that every night at ten twenty we get down on our knees and offer prayers individually pleading for the progress of our investigators with baptismal dates and I think by doing this plan we as a district are seeing so many miracles. If anyone would be interested in praying with us at 10 20 or another hour here are our investigators we have as a district.

La Familia Cagua for the 6th of August
La Familia Cagua Serna for the 13th of August
Savi Perea for the 30th of July
Fernando for the 6th of August
Miguel for the 20th of August.

I think if Heavenly Father listens to so many prayers at the same time for the same thing that he will really see how determined we are to help our brothers and sisters in their spiritual progression. 

Love, Elder Roberts


 Chillin with the companion

 Baputismo
 We saw a river otter 
Butterfly in the bishops office

No comments:

Post a Comment