Monday, July 18, 2016

MICHAEL JACKSON

Well all of our hard work has been paying off. yesterday EVERYONE CAME TO CHURCH. I was so happy, there is nothing better than seeing the people you teach progress. We were able to get a lot of our investigators to church and I think they all had a great experience. I was asked to give a talk yesterday in church and I talked about my bad leg and explained why I walk like a penguin but how the trial has made me a stronger missionary and a better person. 

We had a great experience this week because my companion and I decided to take La Familia Cagua on a tour of the chapel. We showed up to their house and they put on their best clothes to tour the church and as we were heading to the church we passed by two of the sisters in law of Hermana Cagua and they also wanted to check out the church with us and we were able to show them the whole church and we ended with a prayer kneeling down in front of the baptismal font and it was a spiritual experience for everyone.

When we are living worthy of the spirit we can do whatever the Lord needs us to do, we just have to follow the impressions that the Spirit puts in our minds and in our hearts and we can be epistles of the Lord. I had several experiences this week where the Lord put us exactly in the right place at the right time. One of our families of recent converts was passing through a huge problem and my companion and I showed up right in time to help them out and it was super spiritual. Another one of the recent converts was super depressed and we showed up and it was super great. I love being able to be a missionary and be guided towards those that need to hear how much God loves them.

Well this week my companion and I had to drop a family that has been investigating a long time but hasn't come to church for months. We gave them a super direct charla franca and told them we would check up on them in 2 months to see if they have changed their minds and as we were leaving in the neighboring house there was this kid staring at us. He was super interested in the church and we contacted him and his name is literally Michael Jackson. We didn't believe him until he showed us his identification card drivers license thing, I am not sure what it is called in English....and he accepted a baptismal date but he didn't come to church, so we are going to see what is happening, but the two visits we had with him this week. How cool would that be to baptize someone named Michael Jackson.

Well the work here is going great. I miss you all so much, but the mission is the best! YAY VIVA ECUADOR!
Love,  Elder Roberts

 The dangerous snake.
 We saw this little guy crossing the road and then it got hit by a car.  There are a ton of these snakes in my sector and they are dangerous .
bacan diga

No comments:

Post a Comment