Monday, June 6, 2016

New Companion

Well, this week was a great week. I got to go up to Quito and it was quite a party. I ran into a ton of old friends here on the mission and it was great being able to spend a little bit of time with them. Thursday came and we all got our new companions fresh from the MTC. The group of new missionaries that came was huge and they were all from Ecuador and Peru. I received Elder Delgado, he is super cool, we are getting along super well. He is from Guayaquil.

On the way back from Quito to Esmeraldas there were eight of us on the bus and the bus driver put in a super inappropriate movie and we got them to change it to the dvd that one of the elders had called Finding Faith in Christ. That was super awesome. The whole bus watched one of our dvds and we were able to talk to some people on the bus.

This week was a special week for me, because it is my companions first week on the mission field. He is super energized to work and is just so excited to be working. He is helping me see all the miracles that the Lord is putting in our path everyday. We are entering into so many houses and finding so many people it is unreal. I think I am learning more from him than he is learning from me. 

Last night we had a really special lesson. We are teaching this 15 year old girl who has been coming to church and coming to baptisms and is looking super hard for an answer to see if this church is true. She gets really uncomfortable every time we bring up baptism, but last night the spirit was really present in our lesson and we were able to get her to accept a baptismal date for this upcoming 18th. It is amazing how the spirit can enter into the hearts of everyone.

Well, I am looking forward to this upcoming week, when we work hard that is when we see the miracles. I hope you all have a great week. I love you all and love hearing how you are doing. Keep on writing me. 

Love, Elder Roberts
 We got the bus to put in the movie Finding Faith in Christ #winning
 Elder Delgado swagging out in the house
My son Elder Delgado and I partying

No comments:

Post a Comment