Monday, May 30, 2016

La Vida Costeña diga

Well today was a sad and happy day. It was truly sad to say goodbye to Elder Antezana he was such a great companion, we were happy to see that he is going to Tulcan, I showed him all my pictures of Tulcan and told him all about it and I know he is going to enjoy it alot out there. I found out that I am going to be training a new missionary fresh from the MTC this change. I will leave for Quito Wednesday afternoon, stay the night there and Thursday get a new missionary. I am excited to see what happens, I think training will be super fun. It makes me think of when I started my mission, and my dad in the mission Elder Morgan is now finishing and tomorrow he will be with his family, holy cow the time is going by super fast.

There weren't any major earthquakes this week which is nice, but there were a couple of small aftershocks. but nothing crazy. My companion and I had such a cool miracle yesterday in the chapel, we were a little bummed cuz we didn't have a single investigator in the chapel and then during the sacrament I was thinking of the Atonement and thinking of what I can do better to get Investigators to come and then our family, la famlia Iglesias walked into the chapel and came and sat by us and enjoyed their experience it was super cool!

Our Zone Leaders came on Saturday to do divisions with my companion and I and I went with Elder Higgins who has become a good friend. He finishes his mission right now as well and it was his last Saturday here in Ecuador and it was super awesome. I learned a ton from him. 

Last night my companion Elder Antezana and I had our last lesson together and I think it was probably the most powerful lesson that we have had together. We are teaching this young woman who is looking so hard for an answer and just hasn't gotten one and we taught her about the spirit and how we have gotten our testimonies and it was just an incredible lesson. I know the spirit is real and I know our testimonies are powerful. It is so important to always share our testimonies, when we testify we invite the spirit.

Well, I love you all so much. I love Ecuador. I am so amazed that my Heavenly Father put me here in the absolute best country in the world. I am in love with the mission and I just love everything to do with the mission and Ecuador. es lo mejor diga! I hope you all have a great week.

Love, Elder Roberts

 The district!
 Relief Society dance at the night of talent shows
 There are so many of these spiders here in our house
Getting ready for the baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment