Monday, March 7, 2016

UNA NOCHE BLANCISIMA

Well, late last night we found out the changes, Elder Quispe went to Tulcan, I stayed up all night telling him about Tulcan and showing him pictures and I am tired now, but I know he is going to love it there. I am now with Elder Sejas, he is from Cochabamba Bolivia, he has like 7 monthish on the mission, but he seems pretty cool. I am excited to see what he has to bring here to San Roque, but I am thrilled to be here for another change.
Saturday at 3 in the morning there was a small earthquake here.  All day Saturday everyone was talking about it like hey did you feel the earthquake and I was like what are you talking about, I guess we work so hard as missionaries and get soo tired that we sleep through just about anything.
I was kind of sitting in sacrament meeting bored yesterday because everything was in Kichuwa and I didn't understand much and I was just kind of thinking about all sorts of things and then the door opened in the back and I recognized the face and I realized it was my dear friend Humberto Montalvo. He is from here from San Roque but is living in Quito, I worked with him and his family when I started my mission and it was so cool seeing him. I really appreciated his visit. I will never forget him nor his family.
One of my best friends from Quito, Humberto Montalvo, came and visited me on Sunday!

So, we had an absolutely beautiful week. The most beautiful part was our noche blancisimaFriday night had to be one of the best nights of my mission. We had just the perfect baptism. It was so cool seeing the family all in white and realizing that they are going to be an eternal family, that I am going to see them all in white again when I see their pictures of them at the temple, and when I am living with them in the celestial kingdom. They are just the best family, they needed the gospel. The mom literally prayed and prayed for years that God would put a church in her path, She walked the streets alone at night looking for the truth, and somehow we ended up getting the reference of them and knocked on their door and everything changed for them. They have had a HARD life. A really hard life, and the Gospel has been the medicine they have needed. Jesus Christ has been a master doctor for them. I am so humbled and blessed to have been a part in bringing them into the Gospel.
Pretty much the coolest pic I have taken on the mission

I love you all, I hope you have a great week. I have been kind of sick this week, my stomach has been weird, I think it is the food here. I am having a hard time eating a lot, so if you can keep my health in your prayers. Thanks for all of your prayers, I know God has sent so many angels in my path and in the lives of those I teach. Have an amazing week!

Love, Elder Roberts
 Malki and I
 the whole group together
 I can now say I have my mom closest to my heart
We've got a swag daddy in the chapel, I repeat swag daddy in the chapel

Another one with me and Elder Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment