Monday, March 21, 2016

estoy cansado de buses

Well this week was actually way too normal, I don't have anything interesting to say, nothing crazy happened this week. We spent 2 days this week going to Quito.  My companion has some dental problems and the mission only allows missionaries to get dental work done in Quito, so we had 2 days of our week filled with traveling to and back from Quito, and tomorrow and Friday we have to go to Quito as well so my companion can get his teeth situation figured out.

Lets just say I am super tired of bus rides, they are so boring, and the roads here are crazy and doing all of this traveling makes me car sick. It is just windy bumpy roads on crowded hot buses. It has been kind of hard not just working in the sector, because there is so much work to be done, but I know my companions health is important, and I remember all the times I was sick or had doctors visits and my companions were patient with me, so I am just trying to be patient and grateful that there are doctors here to help us. 

On this last Friday we went to Quito and I was able to take advantage of our time there by quickly passing by the doctor and getting my ingrown toenail removed.  This was like the fifth time on the mission that I have had to take care of that toe. I need to learn how to cut my toenails better....hahaha. Between that doctors visit and the dentist visit we had like 4 hours in Quito with nothing to do and we were actually not in our mission, the hospital and church offices and dentist office are all in the MIssion Quito not in the Quito North Mission, so we had permission to be outside our mission limits and we walked through some parts of Quito that were really cool that I hadn't seen before. It was cool just walking from the hospital to the dentist.  It was like a 2 hour walk and we walked by some cool things, one of which was this huge catholic church or basilica or something that Quito is super famous for, it just towers above all the surrounding buildings. It was super cool and we saw the Panecilio too

Well we had some hard moments this week, like everyone we have progressing got hit with some huge problem this week.  We are seeing a lot of trials in the lives of those we are teaching, so we are praying for miracles. I know God is a God of miracles, I have seen so many in my life and especially on the mission. I pray that we can also find new promising people to teach. The good news is the family we recently baptized, well the 12 and 14 year old kids are now waking up at 4 in the morning to go to seminary. They have to walk like more than an hour down the volcano to get to the chapel, but they love it. They are golden converts.

I love you all and hope you all have a great week. 
Elder Roberts
 This is the jatun rumi, which is Kichuwa for big rock
 These are red bananas, they are a lot better than the normal ones
 Look little Aeden is in a nest just like Clayton would do
I ran into my good friend Elder Veliz, I served with him in Tulcan
My companion Elder Sejas and I 
A child took a pic of me during a lesson or something

No comments:

Post a Comment