Monday, March 23, 2015

Una Semana Especial

Ok, so first of off, I bought some avocados today and they are really cheap, like four for a dollar, so that is awesome.


pretty sunset

This week was really really special. Saturday and yesterday we had stake conference and it was a really cool stake conference, because the Stake Presidency got reorganized and we had in assistance Elder Calderon from one of the Quorums of the Seventy, and presiding was Carlos Godoy from the first Quorum of the Seventy. He gave a talk in the last general conference in his native tongue of Portuguese. I felt the spirit so strong hearing their inspired messages, it was so incredible.

What was really cool was that I got to share my testimony through music to the beautiful people here. My companion and I both play the viola, and someone here has a violin, so they asked us to surprise everyone by playing the violin in front of the whole stake, the two seventies, the mission president, and the temple president. To say I was nervous would be an extreme understatement. It was so special for me to play in front of everyone. I played "Abide With Me." We also sang in the choir, we were the only two men and there were probably like seven sisters. Musical numbers don´t exist down here, let alone two gringos playing the violin and singing. It was so cool. It makes me think of one of my favorite scriptures in Doctrine and Covenants that says ¨the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me¨. 

Music has always been such a blessing in my life. I remember when I was little and my loving mom sat next to me on the piano bench and forced me to learn the importance and value of music. I never liked the piano, but I am forever grateful for the importance my mom taught me of music. I have always enjoyed playing the Viola and singing and I am so grateful that Heavenly Father gave me the opportunity to do that as a missionary. 

I love this church, I love our leaders, I love music, and I have also never seen so many men with ponytails in a stake conference jajaja. I hope everyone is having a great week.

Chao, Elder Roberts


​Another celebration of the birthday with the Stake Presidents family,




Eating a snail, tasty


I sewed mom, be proud


Do you like my tie?





No comments:

Post a Comment