Monday, April 4, 2016

I STAND ALL AMAZED

Wow, all I can say is that it is such an exciting time for me to be a missionary here in Quito! Yesterday we were all just absolutely blown away at the announcement that our dear Prophet made that the time has come to put a temple here in Quito Ecuador the best city in the world! I was in the gringo room with maybe like 7 other missionaries and on a computer we watched the conference in English, in Tulcan I watched part of the conference in Spanish and even though I understood everything, it is so much better listening to the prophets own voices than in the voice of the translator. Anyways, he said Quito and we all just screamed and jumped up and down and were so excited. then we wanted to see how the Ecuadorians were reacting so we went to the other building where the sacrament room was and it was a very different setting. Instead of everyone screaming and jumping down it was almost absolutely silent. I was stunned at the silence, I was expecting that everyone would be freaking out, but instead of that it was almost perfectly reverent. The spirit was very strong in that sacrament hall. I saw tears streaming down the face of almost everyone. I realized that the prayers of thousands of these faithful saints had been answered. After the session the crying didn't stop, I conversed with a lot of the people from our ward since the conference was in the stake center in Cotama, and they were just all too grateful. there was such a strong spirit of prayer and gratitude there. 

The People here have had to make so many sacrifices to go to the temple to Guayaquil, it is an 8 hour drive or can be a little more depending on traffic, but it costs like 15 dollars to go with the ward, which may not sound like much but it is a ton down here, a lot of the people here make like 5 dollars a day.  To go seal a family or take a family down there can be like 100 dollars or more....its a trip that most members can make about once a year, and some not at all. Wow, a temple here in Quito will allow so many more of Heavenly Fathers amazing children to have greater access to make sacred covenants with him and receive great blessings.

I couldn't go to sleep last night, I was just thinking about how awesome it is that they are going to put a temple here, I was thinking of all the people I have taught, in my 8 months in Quito who maybe will wake up to seeing a temple outside their windows every day. Wow, we are all just so happy here. I pray I can come back one day to see the temple here.

Nothing much else happened this week, I thought I had already been the sickest I have been in my life, but i was wrong, this week I got really sick. I got a super bad fever and then got this cough, the good news is the fever and the headache and everything have gone away, but my cough just doesn't seem to be getting better at all. I think it is just one of those things where I have to suck it up and deal with it, but I spent a couple days in the house this week just dying in my bed. I hate being sick, but I guess its just part of life.

Well, I hope you all have a great day, I love you all and love seeing how you are doing. Please keep me updated on your lives, I thank you all for your support and prayers, and encourage you all to come unto Christ.
k bye

No comments:

Post a Comment