Saturday, January 10, 2015

I love the MTC

This past week has been long and crazy, but in a really good way. I got special permission to get on e-mail tonight, because I had a change in travel plans and got my departure date bumped up to Monday, so I fly from SLC to Detroit, from Detroit to Atlanta, and from Atlanta to Quito.


I cut my pinky finger and it wouldn't stop bleeding forever and now it has an indent. yay. on Sunday Sis. Oscarson, the Young Women General President gave the devotional and it was so good! I am saying the prayer at the devotional tomorrow and that should be really cool. I ran into Elder Zimmerman (he was in my ward in Kansas). I have been meaning to take a picture with him, but we aren't allowed to bring cameras to the cafeteria which is the only place I see him.


Spanish is ok. It is getting harder and easier at the same time. In spanish there are two ways to say the word "you" you can say "tu" or "usted". In  high school/college they taught us mostly in the "tu" form and as missionaries we have to use "usted" since it is more formal and we are representing Jesus Christ. There are different conjugations for each and it is weird speaking in the Usted form, but I am sure it will come more naturally with time.


I GOT TO SEE GRANDMA AND GRANDPA. It was awesome, I had my doctors appointment in Salt Lake so they got to take me to it. My leg is getting better, but I can't run on it til mid March which stinks. It was nice getting a break from the MTC and we got inn n out burger! I asked Grandma if we could drive by BYU and my old dorm on the way back and it was sad thinking of all my friends there, but I know this is where I am supposed ot be right now.


Elder Denton was my companion Wed-Thurs. because he didn't have his visa to Nicaragua, and his companion was in quarantine for the flu. So Elder Gallardo is feeling better and him and Denton are back together and I am back with Marquez and Humble. I am getting sick of wearing the suit coat around the MTC, but I can wear short sleeves in Ecuador, so two more days of the suit and then two years of Eternal Spring  baby!


I love the mountains here and I keep on thinking about how much I will miss the Utah mountains, but then I remember Quito is 10,000 feet above sea level, so that won't be a problem. Missionary work feels so fulfilling. I don't think there is anything better I could be doing than helping others come unto Christ. I love the work, I love the language, and I am excited here in 48 hours to love the people. It is sooo hard. It is easy to complain, but think of Jesus Christ. He was the only perfect man ever, and he never complained. He went through trials harder than anything he imagined. He died for us, after he bled from every pore in the Garden of Gethsemane and being betrayed by one of his disciples, instead of complaining he healed the ear of his enemy. He did this because he loves us. I have a testimony of this. Jesus is our Savior. He loves you. No matter where you have been or what you have done, you can always come to him. He will bring you peace. I am excited to share this with the people of Ecuador! ECUADOR HERE I COME! WRITE ME PLZ
Elder Roberts


Provo Temple

My Companions and I hard at work



Me

​My district con Hermano Humble

​Elder Mauris Castillo and I, he is in MN. Hopefully you meet him, he was my first zone leader!

No comments:

Post a Comment