Monday, April 6, 2015

We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet

How did you all enjoy conference this week? I would love to hear what you liked about conference and what talks were your favorite. I loved every second of conference. They say conference is better than Christmas on the mission and that is true. I have never had so much of a reason to anticipate the words of the prophets and it was amazing how each of them individually struck me with thoughts of how I can change to be better and the infinite and perfect love that my Heavenly Father has for me. We had a gringo room. All the Latinos watched in the chapel and us gringo missionaries watched in a side room in English and we all brought snacks and it was a great experience.

I remember being blessed to see the prophet when I was at BYU. I remember when he walked in the room and everyone stood up and I was touched by the Spirit in a way I never experienced prior. I know he is the lord´s servant. I remember turning to Jayden who I was standing next to and saying yep, the church is true and walking back to the dorm from devotional just talking about how true the church is.

So I guess Ecuador Played Argentina in soccer on Tuesday in New York. It was a huge deal down here, but Ecuador lost 1 to 2 so shout out to Argentina and my bro Jayden serving down there. 

I went on divisions with Elder Chavez and Elder Leong this week, I love divisions. These two elders have a ton of experience and it was incredible learning for them, we found a ton of future investigators. 

I got a new companion this week! We had changes today and Elder Morgan left for the coast. I am now with Elder Rodriguez in my same sector here in Calderon, he is 20 years old from Arizona and he has a really good reputation. He is assuming the role as district leader here and I am really excited to learn from him and work hard. 

This week was amazing. The Lord has blessed this little sector in so many ways. I hope everyone takes care. I love you all.

Elder Roberts

some weird hat
Elder Chavez and I got pizza

Me with the Familia Flores. They are awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment