Monday, December 26, 2016

El fin

Well, I don't know where to start. It is weird to think how fast the time flew by. 2 years went by way faster than I ever would have imagined. 

I remember opening my mission call and feeling so happy about being assigned to the Ecuador Quito North mission. Even tho I didn't really know much about Ecuador besides where it is on a map, I just felt it was right. After serving this mission, I know that divine inspiration received from a prophet of the Lord is what inspired me coming here. I know with my whole existence that I was being prepared to teach the people that I have been blessed to teach. I couldn't have felt the same anywhere else in the world. Quito has won over my heart.

I have learned so much in my mission. I have changed so much on the mission. The mission has been the absolute best and most rewarding thing that I have done in my life. 

There is a difference between knowing about Christ and knowing Christ. In the mission I have been able to know him better. I have gained an unbreakable testimony of his divinity. I have such a deep appreciation of him. 

I love the Ecuadorian people. It is going to break my heart saying goodbye to them, but I hope one day down the road I can see some of them again, and if not I hope that my efforts can help me see many of them in the presence of our Heavenly Father in his Celestial Kingdom.

I am excited to hug my mommy and my daddy and my lil bros here on Wednesday. It is going to be great.

I love you all and am so grateful for your prayers and support.

Love, Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment