Monday, February 9, 2015

Fe en Febrero

On Tuesday we had divisions and I was with Elder Plant and he is awesome. We were in Seballa and there are a ton of hills there and my leg has been sore, but it is all good. don't worry mom. I think the Lord blessed me with the gift of tongues that day because Elder Plant and I don't speak Spanish, but I was able to understand pretty much everything and communicate ok.

We made Empenadas with one of my favorite families, familia Florres and they were so delicious. the Ecuadorians know how to cook. 

This week we had interviews with the President and I love my mission President he is awesome and I know the Lord blesses us with leaders to help us out. I am grateful for my Grandparents who were Mission presidents, I have so much more respect for them after being on a mission because it seems like the most demanding calling possible.

We had a goal as a district to get a new family to come to church this week and the last door we knocked on Saturday night turned into us teaching the restoration and then we invited them to baptism and they accepted and then church. We showed up early to their house to help them get to church and they even gave us a ride. It was so weird being in a car, I am so used to being in jam packed buses, it was nice being in  a car.
Last night we taught this Jehovah witness. Alot of the people here dont know much about the bible, they believe it but don't read it, but this guy knew the bible and it was really cool because my companion is a genius so it was like pretty much he would tell us to turn to a scripture and then my companion without even opening the bible would quote the scriptures and I think he was impressed that a couple of young gringos know the scriptures.

On another note, we were teaching this old lady and I was trying so hard to understand what she was saying, but like halfway through I realized that she kept on switching from Spanish to Kichua or Quechua or however it is spelled. My companion knows some Kichua and he taught her in kichua. I am picking a little bit up, but I am hoping to learn more, I am just trying to focus on speaking Spanish now. I hope everyone is doing well. 

Chao,
Elder Roberts

We walked past this and I thought it was funny

No comments:

Post a Comment